Denali Family Services offers nationally recognized training in behavior management, mental health, emergency response, and sexual abuse prevention to all of our employees and foster parents. Using a unique blend of online and classroom-based courses, all employees are trained and certified to meet and exceed the highest standards of care required by local, state, federal and accrediting bodies.
Historically, courses have been offered only to agency staff and contractors; however, the Training Department is now undergoing a planned expansion that will allow DFS to provide high-quality behavioral health training to the community. In particular, advocates, parents, professionals, and paraprofessionals in education, health, and human services will find our curriculum an essential supplement to their knowledgebase. Listed below is a selection of courses available through the DFS Training Department:
- HIPAA and Confidentiality: When in doubt, ASK!
- Juvenile Sexual Offending: Perpetrators, Victims, and Management
- Managing Aggressive Behavior ©
- Mental Health First Aid ©
- Prevention of Sexually Abusive Behaviors in Childhood and Adolescence ©
- American Red Cross CPR—Infant, Child, and Adult ©
- American Red Cross Standard First Aid ©
- Residential Child and Youth Care Professional Curriculum ©
- Trauma, Behavior, and the Brain
Understanding Childhood Sexual Behavior
In addition to the trainings listed above, individualized trainings can be commissioned upon request to meet specific needs.
For further information about attending training at Denali Family Services, or to schedule a training for your agency, contact Chris Gunderson, Director of Training and Development at (907) 222-2366 or by email at email@example.com.
Training & Development Brochure