The Nurse Practitioner will provide primary care services such as examinations, evaluations, and treatments; prescribe and monitor medications, and will provide referrals as need for our clients and families. This position is responsible for observing policies, procedures, and safeguards to protect the privacy of health information in compliance with the HIPAA Privacy (Privacy Rule). This position will travel between all of Denali Family Services Locations.
Essential Functions of the Position:
Provide examinations, evaluations, treatments as needed to clients Consult with program supervisors and employees concerning client treatment services. Prescribe and monitor the use and prescription of psychotropic medications.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Attend and participate in meetings, committees and trainings as assigned.
Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university, two (2) years professional experience in healthcare or primary care setting and current State of Alaska licensure as a Nurse Practitioner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, sound clinical and therapeutic skills and the ability to accurately document events, provide detailed records for consumers and work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintain positive professional working relationships and to work effectively within a team environment.
- Organized, efficient, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to ensure client and employee confidentiality as prescribed by agency policy and federal law.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications and possess the ability to learn other software applications.
- Knowledge and understanding all agency protocol, policy, procedure, plans program requirement